The Social Inclusion Policy Fellowship is a two week fully paid fellowship program that will be administered by Our Three Winners Foundation. The program is a partnership with UC Berkeley's Haas Institute for a Fair and Inclusive Society and the Islamophobia Research & Documentation Project.
The fellowship engages current and future policymakers and raises awareness about harmful stereotypes and narratives of minority groups. The goal is to see more equitable policies and government interventions through this initiative.
Topics Covered During the Fellowship:
- Implicit Bias
- The social construction of target groups and implications in policy
- Policy priorities in the scope of social constructions
- How bias enters into the policymaking process
- Unlearning bias - lessons debiasing for equitable policies
- Rooting proactive and reactive policy alternatives in equity
The first cohort will include policy makers from throughout California; however, the application is open to applicants from all around the U.S.
Monday 7/22- Friday 8/2
University of California Berkeley Campus
Fully Paid by Our Three Winners Foundation
How To Apply
The Social Inclusion Institute is accepting applications for the inaugural cohort of the Social Inclusion Policy Fellowship.
- College Junior or higher, recent graduates or professionals
- Work in a policymaking capacity (government or otherwise) for 2+ years
- Interest in debiasing techniques and making policy more equitable
- Ability to attend ten days of the fellowship and all sessions
EXTENDED APPLICATION DEADLINE 7/7/2019