As we continue to cherish the legacy of Our Three Winners, the Foundation launched two programs to address hate and bigotry through a systematic approach:
The Social Inclusion Policy Fellowship is a two week fully paid fellowship program that is administered by Our Three Winners Foundation. The program is a partnership with UC Berkeley’s Othering and Belonging Institute and the Islamophobia Research & Documentation Project. The fellowship engages current and future policymakers and raises awareness about harmful stereotypes and narratives of minority groups. The goal is to see more equitable policies and government interventions through this initiative.
The DYOR Dental Clinic, a name coined as a tribute to the trending social media hashtag that was used for Deah and Yusor’s wedding celebration, provides refugees and low-income families with emergency oral healthcare. The program is a partnership with University of North Carolina Adams School of Dentistry and is located in Raleigh, North Carolina. In addition, the program gives students a chance to work with those in need, to help build relationships and foster inclusive and diverse communities through service.
The Executive Director (ED) will have strategic and operational responsibility for Development/ Fundraising, Operations; Budget and Finance; Governance and Communications; and External Relations.
The Board of Directors seeks an individual with passion and sensitivity for the mission who has business acumen and is a strategic thinker. This is a sensitive area of service delivery, and the Executive Director must be an individual of the highest levels of integrity, with a proven track record of delivery and an established reputation and network. The candidate must also have experience of running a small organization or team/department in a cost-effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Development and Fundraising
• Lead the creation and delivery of the organization’s development strategic plan
• Lead solicitation efforts across the organization and act as the principal point of contact for all donors – individuals, corporations and foundations
• Develop and implement the organization’s strategic and operational plans
• Lead and develop staff
• Ensure effective systems to track organizational performance
• Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and reporting requirements
• Work with the Board to prepare a budget and ensure that the organization operates within budget guidelines
• Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work
• Maintain a cost-efficient operating model to ensure the organization’s charitable funds are maximized
Communications and External Relations
• Develop and implement the organization’s communications strategy
• Represent the organization with stakeholders and media
• Ensure the reputation of OTWF is maintained at the highest levels
• Develop, maintain and support a strong Board of Directors, serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction across all areas of the organization’s work
• Work with the Board on governance policy issues; undertake approved actions; recommend changes to improve the organization and provide support
• Actively engage and energize board members, staff and strategic partners for the purpose of achieving the aims of OTWF
Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years and preferably 10 years’ experience operating at a senior management level within non-profit organizations or government agencies
• A passion for the mission
• Proven fundraising experience from corporations, foundations, individuals and/or events
• Executive presence
• Excellent business acumen
• Servant leader
• A professional network across the fields of academic, civil society, politics, the media and/or government
Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience.
Location: We are based in the Bay Area, California; however, remote applicants are welcome to apply.
For more information and to apply please send your resume, cover letter and writing sample to Dr. Suzanne Barakat at Suzanne@OurThreeWinners.org