About Our Three Winners Foundation:
Our Three Winners Foundation was created to honor the short, but rich lives of Deah, Yusor, and Razan, and to develop sustainable interventions to mitigate prejudice, bigotry, and hate crimes. As an organization founded in the wake of the fatal hate crimes of three young Muslim students, OTWF is committed to building an inclusive America that is free of prejudice and hate. To accomplish this mission, OTWF has launched two great initiatives: The Social Inclusion Policy Fellowship, in partnership with Islamophobia Research and Documentation Project and Berkeley’s Othering and Belonging Institute; and, The DYOR Clinic,in partnership with the University of North Carolina Adams School of Dentistry. The Social Inclusion Policy Fellowship engages and empowers current and future policymakers to raise awareness about harmful stereotypes and narratives around minority groups. The goal is to see more equitable policies and governmental interventions through this initiative. The DYOR Clinic provides refugees and low-income families in Raleigh emergency oral health care.
Operations and Finance Coordinator
As we continue to cherish the legacy of Our Three Winners, the Foundation launched two programs to address hate and bigotry through a systematic approach:
The Social Inclusion Policy Fellowship is a two week fully paid fellowship program that is administered by Our Three Winners Foundation. The program is a partnership with UC Berkeley’s Othering and Belonging Institute and the Islamophobia Research & Documentation Project. The fellowship engages current and future policymakers and raises awareness about harmful stereotypes and narratives of minority groups. The goal is to see more equitable policies and government interventions through this initiative.
The DYOR Dental Clinic, a name coined as a tribute to the trending social media hashtag that was used for Deah and Yusor’s wedding celebration, provides refugees and low-income families with emergency oral healthcare. The program is a partnership with University of North Carolina Adams School of Dentistry and is located in Raleigh, North Carolina. In addition, the program gives students a chance to work with those in need, to help build relationships and foster inclusive and diverse communities through service.
The Operations and Financial Coordinator is a new full time position, reporting to the Executive Director. The Operations and Financial Coordinator plays a critical role within the organization- developing, maintaining, and strengthening internal administrative and financial operations to support efficient programming and develop best practices as the organization is growing. The ideal candidate is mission driven and solutions oriented problem solver.
- Administrative and Operations
- Provides administrative and logistical support for the various project initiatives
- Maintains data management and filing
- Communicates with vendors and service providers
- Schedule, attend, and maintain notes for board and committee meeting
- Supports staff and board with events, meetings and travel coordination
- Provides logistical and administrative support as needed
- Finance, Human Resources, and Compliance
- Support day-to-day finance operations, liaising with outsourced accounting firm; includes processing deposits payables, reimbursements, reconciliation and basic accounting for expenses, in coordination with accounting consultant and Executive Director
- Logs and secures incoming checks
- Drafts and analyzes contracts to maximize cost saving
- Supports with grants and donor management tasks
- Maintain filings to ensure compliance with federal and state requirements.
- Ensures accurate recording of incoming donations.
- Assists accountant by providing information about donations.
- Support annual audit through data gathering.
- Technology and Data Evaluation
- Assist with social media and website content
- Maintaining and expanding database of contacts
- Liaise with outsourced technology consultants as needed and serve an internal resource for program support
- Setup technology for new employees, meeting and audio visuals
- Support data collection
- Oversees the collection and maintenance of records on the users of programs for statistical purposes
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Strong commitment to OTW’s mission and values of social justice, integrity, and excellence.
- Experience with providing administrative support to programs in a non-profit setting; experience with basic accounting a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency with CRM, Mail Chimp and other technological platforms.
- Ability to function independently and collaboratively in a team setting, work in a fast-paced environment, and work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- A high level of personal energy, positive attitude and ability to work in a team setting are essential.
- Flexible and adaptive work style with ability to thrive in a growing mission driven organization.
- Bachelor’s degree + 2-3 years of work experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; materials maybe addressed to Dr. Houda Abadi, Executive Director. Please include “Application for Operations and Financial Coordinator” in subject line.