We Are Hiring!
Our Three Winners Foundation (OTW) is a social justice organization based in Oakland, CA working to reduce prejudice towards American Muslims and marginalized communities by addressing implicit biases in individuals and institutions. The Foundation was founded after Deah Shaddy Barakat, Yusor Mohammad Abu-Salha, and Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha (Our Three Winners) were killed in their Chapel Hill home in a hate crime. At OTW we honor the short, but rich lives of Deah, Yusor, and Razan by developing systematic and lasting solutions and interventions to mitigate prejudice, bigotry, and hate crimes.
We are growing our team this year and hiring a full time Program Coordinator with a passion for social justice. We’re happy to pay up to $50,000 in salary for the right candidate.
You will love this job if:
● You are invested in the story of Our Three Winners and in honoring the lives of Deah, Yusor, and Razan
● You want to develop programs that create solutions and interventions to mitigate prejudice, bigotry, and hate crimes
● You enjoy doing a variety of tasks, rather than the same thing over and over.
● You have experience in program management and have excellent references.
This job is not right for you if:
● Your job is just a paycheck, and the idea of being on a mission to mitigate prejudice, bigotry, and hate crimes does not inspire you.
● You need more structure and a lot of guidance in your work because you haven’t done programming work before.
● You don’t like to focus on details.
● Monitors incoming calls and emails and replies or forwards as required
● Prepares weekly emails to members
● Edits documents and ensures accuracy and professionalism in all outgoing communication
● Researches on specific topics and provides report
● Prepares presentations
● Develops, updates and maintains all databases such as donors and recipients and retrieves information when requested
Staff and Office Support
● Organizes travel arrangements for staff
● Coordinates and organizes appointments and meetings
● Monitors and maintains office supplies and equipment
● Performs work related errands as requested such as going to the post office and bank
● Assists with event/program planning and implementation
● Assists with planning the Social Inclusion Policy Fellowship
● Prepares and tests online program applications
● Trains interns and volunteers
● Hosts information tables at events and represents the organization
● Supports graphic designer in preparation of marketing material
● Supports outreach and marketing of all programs on social media and email platforms
● Attends events and workshops and supports with the execution
● Observes OTW events and notes areas of strength and improvement
● Distributes, collects, and reports program surveys
● AA and/or BA degree
● 2-3 years programming experience or relevant professional work
● Excellent verbal, reading and written communication skills in English
● Intermediate level computer software skills including data entry and Office Suites,
● Experience with graphic design and Photoshop a plus
The Salary range is up to $50,000, for the right candidate. Compensation will include health benefits and retirement plan.
To learn more about OTW visit us at https://ourthreewinners.orgor like us at https://www.facebook.com/ourthreewinners/
Please email your resume and cover letter to Contact@OurThreeWinners.org. No phone calls, please.